Prompt and professional service has been our trademark since Mr. William A. Milby founded the company in 1932 on Water Street in Baltimore, Maryland. John C. Malkmus, Mr. Milby’s son-in-law, took over the business in the 70’s. He retired in 1980, selling the business to his son-in-law, Burnet Chalmers and partner, Carl Lee. On January 1, 2017, after 37 dedicated and successful years, Burnet and Carl sold the business to three long term employees, Mark Ball, Bob LeBrun, and Shelley Hicks.
For 85 years we have continually expanded and updated our lines of water systems products, sump, effluent and sewage pumps, water conditioning equipment and well drilling products to meet your needs.
In 1994 Milby Company designed and built a large, modern headquarters and warehouse in Elkridge, MD. Since then, the company has expanded to 5 branches - 2 full service and 3 pick-up locations. The staff has grown from seven employees in 1980 to over 35 today. We now serve the mid-Atlantic region from our offices and warehouses in Maryland and Virginia.